We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a WeedWise Program specialist position. All applications materials must be submitted to the District no later than 4:30 PM on Oct 14, 2016.
About the position
The WeedWise Program Specialist is a full-time, at-will non-exempt position that will provide project management to the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District’s WeedWise Program and will assist with field-based weed control work, outreach efforts, data collection, and administrative tasks.
The WeedWise Program Specialist will assist with the District’s priority weed control initiative and in support of the Clackamas River Invasive Species Partnership (CRISP) (https://weedwise.conservationdistrict.org/crisp). This priority weed control initiative involves: surveying and documenting priority invasive species; project planning and management; outreach to landowners; overseeing contracted weed control activities; and treating noxious weeds using a variety of integrated pest management (IPM) practices. The WeedWise Program Specialist will also assist the WeedWise Program staff with planning and implementation of additional program activities and initiatives as required.
The minimum qualifications for the WeedWise Program Specialist are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, weed science, natural resource management, or a related science, or three years of comparable experience working for a natural resource related organization, agency, or business;
- Experience working with on-the-ground implementation of conservation practices associated with invasive species/native plant management;
- Experience collecting field data and maintaining field notes;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- A demonstrated proficiency using personal computers and mobile field based technology;
- Strong project management skills;
- Must have a Public Pesticide Applicator’s License, or be willing to secure a license within three months of hire date;
- A demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office and ESRI ArcGIS;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Wages and Benefits
The District offers a competitive wage and benefits package. The starting wage will be up to $21.00 per hour for this full time position.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a completed District application form. All application materials are available at the Conservation District website (https://conservationdistrict.org/2016/district-seeks-weedwise-specialist-for-term-project.html) or at the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District office. We will accept electronic or regular mailed submissions only. No Faxes will be accepted.
Submit your application materials to:
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District
ATTN: Sam Leininger, WeedWise Program Manager
221 Molalla Ave, Suite 102
Oregon City, OR 97045
The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the District. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.