UPDATE: This position announcement has closed.
We are now accepting applications for a WeedWise Specialist
About the position
The WeedWise Specialist is a full-time, at-will non-exempt position with the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District’s WeedWise Program.
The WeedWise Program Specialist will assist with the District’s Priority Weed Control initiative. The priority weed control initiative involves surveying and documenting priority invasive species; project planning and management; outreach to landowners; overseeing contracted weed control activities; and treating noxious weeds using a variety of integrated pest management (IPM) practices. The WeedWise Program Specialist will also assist the WeedWise Program staff with planning and implementation of additional program activities and initiatives as required.
The following qualifications are required for the WeedWise Specialist:
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, weed science, natural resource management, or a related science, and three years of comparable experience working for a natural resource organization, agency, or business; or five years of comparable experience working for a natural resource organization, agency, or business; and
- Experience working with on-the-ground implementation of conservation practices associated with invasive species/native plant ecology and management; and
- Experience collecting field data and maintaining field notes; and
- Strong project management skills; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.; and
- A demonstrated proficiency using computers and field-based technology for correspondence, data entry, data analysis and management using Microsoft Office Suite; and
- A demonstrated proficiency using computers and field-based technology for GIS/GPS mapping, data collection, and management; and
- Must have a Public Pesticide Applicator’s License, or secure a license within three months of hire date; and
- Sufficient mobility and ability, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the physical functions of the job, both in the office and in the field (see Working Conditions below); and
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle during daylight hours, after dark, and during inclement weather. A valid driver’s license issued in the United States is required.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with WordPress and/or website development and administration
Wages and Benefits
The District offers a competitive wage and benefits package. The wage range for the WeedWise Specialist position is $24.34 to $36.82 per hour. The starting wage is based on education, experience, and demonstrated capabilities.
How to Apply
Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a completed District application form. All application materials are available on our website at https://conservationdistrict.org or at the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District office. We will accept electronic or regular mailed submissions only. No Faxes will be accepted.
Submit your application materials to:
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District
ATTN: Samuel Leininger, WeedWise Program Manager
221 Molalla Ave, Suite 102
Oregon City, OR 97045
The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the District. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.