We are celebrating another year in the books!
This past year is certainly one that none of us will soon forget. A year shaped by a global pandemic, social and political unrest, and wildfires that have raged across Clackamas County, 2020 is certainly a year best viewed in hindsight. Despite all turmoil, the WeedWise program has been busy this past year serving the residents of Clackamas County. So, with the new year rapidly approaching, we wanted to take a moment to stop and reflect on our many accomplishments and challenges over the past year.
To celebrate our accomplishments, the WeedWise Program has prepared an annual report for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Over the last year the WeedWise program has:
- Maintained the Clackamas Weed List with 222 weeds and 105 priority weeds;
- Provided assistance to 724 residents;
- Maintained permissions with 2,000 landowners responsible for 266,606 acres of property;
- Surveyed 182 properties;
- Carried out 947 weed treatments on 2,096 infested acres;
- Sent targeted mailings to 528 households;
- Partnered with 54 public and non-profit organizations;
- Administered 2 Cooperative Weed Management Areas;
- tracked 58,062 separate weed observations.
- Released 1 new knotweed biocontrol into Clackamas
These are just the highlights of our year! So please take a look and learn more about the great work that our folks have carried out over the last year!