We are celebrating another year in the books!
This past year is certainly one that none of us will soon forget. A year shaped by a global pandemic, social and political unrest, wildfire recovery, and an ice storm that has raged across Clackamas County, 2021 is certainly a year best viewed in hindsight. Despite all challenges, the WeedWise program has been busy this past year serving the residents of Clackamas County. So, with the new year rapidly approaching, we wanted to take a moment to stop and reflect on our many accomplishments and challenges over the past year.
To celebrate our accomplishments, the WeedWise Program has prepared an annual report for the 2020-2021 fiscal year. Over the last year the WeedWise program has:
- Maintained the Clackamas Weed List with 222 weeds and 105 priority weeds;
- Provided assistance to 553 residents;
- Maintained permissions with 1,577 landowners responsible for 732,390 acres of property;
- Surveyed 52 properties;
- Carried out 701 weed treatments on 365 sites, with a total of 2,144 infested acres;
- Sent targeted mailings to 941 households;
- Partnered with 54 public and non-profit organizations;
- Administered 2 Cooperative Weed Management Areas;
- Tracked 39,279 separate weed observations.
These are just the highlights of our year! So please take a look and learn more about the great work that our folks have carried out over the last year!